帖子
注册时间
2004-10-22 
最后登录
2011-12-7 

荣誉之星 天天开星

发表于 2005-7-28 21:48 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印

Dear Sir or Madam:

First thank you very much for giving me the chance to describe it in detail. Iam a HBV carrier(tested HBsAg and anti-HBC positive) in Suzhou, China. Three weeks ago, I applied a job in Knowles Electronics China Branch, through 3 interviews and finally I got the offer from Ms. Gu from HR. But when I frankly told her that I was a HBV carrier, I was told there’s no chance for me, they don’t employ HBV carriers. I doubt : Only this reason can kicked me out of working for your company ?Though my abilities are qualified?

There is an example of TCL group which is a big national enterprise in China. TCL show great discrimination upon Hepatitis B Carriers in employment of China and they did declare that TCL reject the Hepatitis B Carriers (hbver) in employment policy without any science evidence. That behavior not only deprived Hepatitis B Carriers’ right to work but also hurt badly the feeling of Chinese 120 million Hepatitis B carriers. So Chinese Hepatitis B carrier group have ever boycotted the product and service of TCL. Meanwhile TCL discrimination behavior broke SA8000 (Social Accountability 8000 International Standard) and in that international standard there are one article that company must not engage or support discrimination.

You are one of the biggest foreign enterprises in Suzhou. Please do not do the same action as TCL. Discriminate against HBV carriers in recruitment violate human rights and trample broad human value and also the shame of your reputation, even more a lot of excellent people will be locked out of your gates.

The exclusion and discrimination to infectious disease carriers including HIV and HBV is the global social problem we should face. In China the settlement of HBV discrimination problem is more significant even beyond HIV discrimination because of the huge group of 120 million HBV carriers. Nowadays, Chinese HBV carriers are initiating anti-discrimination campaign such as science education etc. to eliminate the unfair treatment and try for equal work right, education right and privacy citizen right. The campaign have been supported by the government, mass media and many people. It embodies the advancement of Chinese society.

I hope faithfully that your company, which has good reputation do not be stand beside discrimination and be the ally of obscuration. We also hope that Knowles Electronics according to equality and science spirit investigate the fact and correct the mistake to cancel rejecting HBV carriers. And at last wish Knowles Electronics become stronger and stronger!

Sincerely your’s

Zhen

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-1-13 13:24:14编辑过]

哪个九十七岁死,奈何桥上等三年。

现金
1410 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-6-20 
最后登录
2010-10-30 
发表于 2005-7-28 23:34 |只看该作者

My modification:

Dear Sir or Madam:

First thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to explain it in detail.

I am a health HBV carrier with HBsAg and anti-HBc positive in Suzhou, China. Three weeks ago, I applied for a job in Knowles Electronics China Branch. Through three extensive interviews, finally I got the offer from Ms. Gu from HR dept. However, when I truthfully told her that I was a HBV carrier, I was told there’s no chance for me to work there and they don’t employ HBV carriers. I wonder: can this be the only reason to turn down my possibility to work for your company? Your hiring standard is based on the people’s physical ability, not qualify capability. My abilities to fit the job are qualified, aren’t they?

There was an example of TCL group, which was a big national enterprise in China. TCL showed great discrimination upon against Hepatitis B Carriers in employment at China and they did declare that TCL reject the Hepatitis B Carriers (hbvers) in employment policy without any scientific evidences. That behavior not only deprived Hepatitis B Carriers’ right to work, but also damage the feeling of Chinese 120 million Hepatitis B carriers badly. For this, Chinese Hepatitis B carrier assembly has ever boycotted the products and service of TCL. Meanwhile TCL discrimination behavior broke the SA8000 ordinance (Social Accountability 8000 International Standard), and in that international standard, there is one article indicated that company must not engage or support discrimination.

You are one of the biggest foreign enterprises in Suzhou. Please do not follow the action with TCL. Discriminate against HBV carriers in recruitment violate human rights and trample broad human value and also the discredit of your reputation. Even more, a lot of excellent people will be locked out of your no-hbvers policy gate.

The exclusion and discrimination to infectious disease carriers including HIV and HBV is the global social problem we are facing. In China the settlements of HBV discrimination problems are more significant even beyond HIV discrimination because of the huge group of 120 million HBV carriers. Nowadays, Chinese HBV carriers are initiating anti-discrimination campaign, such as scientific educations etc. to eliminate the unfair treatments, and try for equal working right, education right and citizen privacy right. The government, mass media and many people have supported the campaign. It embodies the advancement of Chinese society.

Truly, I hope that your company, which had good reputation in the past, does not stand beside discrimination and be in the ally of obscuration. Based on the equality and science spirit, we also hope that Knowles Electronics according to investigate the fact and correct the mistake to cancel rejecting HBV carriers accordingly. And at last, wish Knowles Electronics become stronger and stronger!

Sincerely yours

Zhen

My modification:

Dear Sir or Madam:

First thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to explain it in detail.

I am a health HBV carrier with HBsAg and anti-HBc positive in Suzhou, China. Three weeks ago, I applied for a job in Knowles Electronics China Branch. Through three extensive interviews, finally I got the offer from Ms. Gu from HR dept. However, when I truthfully told her that I was a HBV carrier, I was told there’s no chance for me to work there and they don’t employ HBV carriers. I wonder: can this be the only reason to turn down my possibility to work for your company? Your hiring standard is based on the people’s physical ability, not qualify capability. My abilities to fit the job are qualified, aren’t they?

There was an example of TCL group, which was a big national enterprise in China. TCL showed great discrimination upon against Hepatitis B Carriers in employment at China and they did declare that TCL reject the Hepatitis B Carriers (hbvers) in employment policy without any scientific evidences. That behavior not only deprived Hepatitis B Carriers’ right to work, but also damage the feeling of Chinese 120 million Hepatitis B carriers badly. For this, Chinese Hepatitis B carrier assembly has ever boycotted the products and service of TCL. Meanwhile TCL discrimination behavior broke the SA8000 ordinance (Social Accountability 8000 International Standard), and in that international standard, there is one article indicated that company must not engage or support discrimination.

You are one of the biggest foreign enterprises in Suzhou. Please do not follow the action with TCL. Discriminate against HBV carriers in recruitment violate human rights and trample broad human value and also the discredit of your reputation. Even more, a lot of excellent people will be locked out of your no-hbvers policy gate.

The exclusion and discrimination to infectious disease carriers including HIV and HBV is the global social problem we are facing. In China the settlements of HBV discrimination problems are more significant even beyond HIV discrimination because of the huge group of 120 million HBV carriers. Nowadays, Chinese HBV carriers are initiating anti-discrimination campaign, such as scientific educations etc. to eliminate the unfair treatments, and try for equal working right, education right and citizen privacy right. The government, mass media and many people have supported the campaign. It embodies the advancement of Chinese society.

Truly, I hope that your company, which had good reputation in the past, does not stand beside discrimination and be in the ally of obscuration. Based on the equality and science spirit, we also hope that Knowles Electronics according to investigate the fact and correct the mistake to cancel rejecting HBV carriers accordingly. And at last, wish Knowles Electronics become stronger and stronger!

Sincerely,

Zhen

I suffer from chronic apathy, I was going to go see a docter about it, but I didn\'t really care.

现金
8760 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-10-22 
最后登录
2011-12-7 

荣誉之星 天天开星

发表于 2005-7-29 04:12 |只看该作者
Thank u , Owl~~[em09][em27]
哪个九十七岁死,奈何桥上等三年。

现金
3423 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2003-12-28 
最后登录
2012-4-14 
发表于 2005-7-29 07:49 |只看该作者

thank you very much !

your support is welcome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 静静的村庄飘着白的雪 阴黧的天空下鸽子在飞翔 白桦树刻着那两个名字 他们发誓相爱用尽一生 有一天战火烧到了家乡 小伙子拿起枪奔赴边疆。。。。。。。

现金
2253 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2005-12-21 
最后登录
2020-8-20 
发表于 2006-1-13 23:38 |只看该作者
wow!!!!
give me a whisper,and give me a sign 面对进化,人们总会有一种恐惧的心理……

现金
8760 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-10-22 
最后登录
2011-12-7 

荣誉之星 天天开星

发表于 2006-1-14 03:23 |只看该作者

another version will be added.

哪个九十七岁死,奈何桥上等三年。

现金
8760 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-10-22 
最后登录
2011-12-7 

荣誉之星 天天开星

发表于 2006-1-16 12:46 |只看该作者
Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a post graduate student in China who is now applying a position in Microsoft China. Microsoft is the leading and biggest software company of this profession, which has produced many exciting software prudocts to make our life more convinient. It's a company worthy of respecting by everyone. But here, I have to say something I think should NOT happen in such a world-class company .

Applicants for Microsoft Research Asian, Microsoft Research Asian - Adanced Technology Center and Microsoft China are told to take an physical examination when they get their offers from the three places. This examination includes a blood check. If some one was found out to be a HBV (Hepatitis B Virus) carrier, whose HBsAg, HBeAg and Anti-HBc is positive, then he/she will be rejected by Microsoft. I think this is an physical discrimination, and should not happen in big companys such as Microsoft. Discrimination against HBV carriers in recruitment violate human rights and trample broad human value and also the discredit of your reputation. Even more, a lot of excellent people will be locked out by your no-hbvers policy .

In contract, unlike Microsoft, IBM has different policy on the entrance physical examination in China. IBM didn't need the applicants to take blood check at all! Their hiring standards is based on the appliants' qualify capability not physical ability. Because of its respeciality to human rights and other humanistic policies in China, IBM was elected as "The Most Admired Company by Fortune China 2004" and "Best Employer for Graduates 2005".

There was an negative example of TCL group, which was a big national enterprise in China. TCL showed great discrimination upon against Hepatitis B Carriers in employment in China and they did declare that TCL reject the Hepatitis B Carriers (hbvers) in employment policy without any scientific evidences. That policy not only deprived Hepatitis B Carriers' right to work, but also hurt the feeling of Chinese 120 million Hepatitis B carriers badly. For this, Chinese Hepatitis B carrier assembly has ever boycotted the products and service of TCL. Meanwhile TCL discrimination policy broke the SA8000 ordinance (Social Accountability 8000 International Standard), and in that international standard, there is one article indicated that company must not engage or support discrimination.

Truly, I hope that Microsoft, which had good reputation in the past, does not stand beside discrimination and be in the ally of obscuration. Based on the equality and science spirit, we also hope that Microsoft investigate the fact and correct the mistake to cancel rejecting HBV carriers accordingly. And at last, wish Microsoft become stronger and stronger!

For your convience, the attatchments is two scaned paper letters about the medical description of HBV. The receiver of the two is a professor in Chinese Sichuan University, who are fighting for the human rights of HBV carriers in China. One letter is from Molli Conti, Director of Outreach, Hepatitis B Foundation. The other is from Samuel So, Director of Asian Liver Center, Standford University. Wish these two letters helpful for you to get infomation about HBV.

Thank you for your reviewing & best regards!

哪个九十七岁死,奈何桥上等三年。

现金
6283 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2002-8-19 
最后登录
2010-12-16 

荣誉之星

发表于 2006-1-20 12:11 |只看该作者
xiangzi, thank you for your hard work!
Welcome to English Forum, anything in English

现金
8760 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-10-22 
最后登录
2011-12-7 

荣誉之星 天天开星

发表于 2006-1-22 03:11 |只看该作者
[em32][em32]not only me, butfruit of many pepople's wisedom[em27]
哪个九十七岁死,奈何桥上等三年。

现金
1213 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2006-1-2 
最后登录
2008-10-26 

荣誉之星

发表于 2006-1-31 14:03 |只看该作者
thank you,I will come here oftenly![em02][em02][em02]
珍惜每一天,珍惜每一次机会。。。
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 00:55 , Processed in 0.017869 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On.