15/10/02说明:此前论坛服务器频繁出错,现已更换服务器。今后论坛继续数据库备份,不备份上传附件。

肝胆相照论坛

肝胆相照论坛 论坛 学术讨论& HBV English 存档 1 Dont ever get hepatitis in Europe!
查看: 550|回复: 0

Dont ever get hepatitis in Europe! [复制链接]

现金
222032 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2001-11-10 
最后登录
2023-5-7 

元帅勋章 功勋会员 小花 管理员或超版 荣誉之星 勤于助新 龙的传人 大财主勋章 白衣天使 旺旺勋章 心爱宝宝 携手同心 驴版 有声有色 东北版 美食大使 幸福四叶草 翡翠丝带 健康之翼 幸福风车 恭喜发财 人中之龙

发表于 2001-12-15 22:43
Victim of hepatitis C facing eviction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Tom Shiel, in Castlebar

A 53-year-old Co Mayo victim of the hepatitis C scandal faces eviction from his local authority home in the New Year because of a ?,400 debt which he cannot discharge until he receives long-delayed State compensation.

A district court order for possession of Mr Michael Lyons's home at Station Rise, Ballyhaunis has been granted to Mayo County Council because of a mounting rent bill which he is unable to meet on a ?5.50 weekly disability payment.

The former carpenter, who is unable to work because of his medical condition, has been waiting almost six years for the hepatitis C tribunal to adjudicate on his claim and compensate him.

Mr Lyons was diagnosed with hepatitis C in 1992 some years after separate heart operations at the Mater Hospital in Dublin. He now has a chronic liver problem and is unable to work because of the debilitating nature of his illness.

This week he was notified by letter about the court order for possession of his home. "My life has been blighted by something totally out of my control but the council is failing to show any sensitivity towards my situation," he said.

"I have no intention of trying to get out of paying the money," Mr Lyons said. "All I want is time in order to receive compensation." For the past seven years, he has depended on survival on a weekly disability payment - currently ?5.50 per week - which he says is totally inadequate.

The council's housing department is aware of Mr Lyons's condition having been furnished with a report from St James's Hospital in 1998.

The slow pace of the compensation process upsets Mr Lyons but he stresses that he isn't the only hepatitis C victim in dire financial circumstances. "There are others living in acute hardship right around the country this Christmas," he said.

The average award made by the compensation tribunal so far has been around ?14,000. Mr Lyons, who is legally represented, is entitled to compensation for damage to his health and loss of earnings.

The council has rejected Mr Lyons's claims that it has been insensitive.

A spokesman pointed out that it had obtained a court order for possession of his home on November 21st but a stay had been put on the execution of the order. The matter will come before the district court again on March 21st.

God Made Everything That Has Life. Rest Everything Is Made In China
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:30 , Processed in 0.013839 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On.