最后登录
2008-2-24 
发表于 2005-9-4 10:42

[br][br][br]

Out of my deeper heart [br]

By Gibran Khalil Gibran[br]

Out of my deeper heart a bird rose and flew skywards.[br]

Higher and higher did it rise, yet larger and larger did it grow.[br]

At first it was but like a swallow, then a lark, then a eagle, then as vast as a spring cloud, and then it filled the starry heavens.[br]

Out of my heart a bird flew skywards, and it waxed larger as it flew. yet it left not my heart.[br]

O my faith , my untamed knowledge, how shall I fly to your height and see with you man’s larger self pencilled upon the sky?[br]

How shall I turn this sea within me into mist, and move with you in space immeasurabe?[br]

How can a prisoner within the temple behold its golden domes?[br]

How shall the heart of a fruit be streched to envelop the fruit also?[br]

O my faith, I am in chains behind these bars of sliver and ebony, and I cannot fly with you.[br]

Yet out of my heart you rise skyward, and it is my heart that holds you, and I shall be content.[br]

Values[br]

Once a man unearthed in his field a marble statue of great beauty. And he took it to a collector who loved all beautiful things and offer it to him for sale, and the collctor bought it for a large price. And they parted.

And as the man walked home with his money he thougt, and he said to himself, “How much life this money means! How can anyone give all this for a dead carved stone buried and undreamed of in the earth for a thousand years?”[br]

And now the collector was looking at his statue, and he was thinking, and said to himself, “What beauty,! What life! The dream of what a soul! And fresh with the sweet sleep of a thousand years. How can anyone give all this money, dead and dreamless?”[br]

[br]

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-9-3 21:46:32编辑过]

Sow a seed and the earth will yield a flower. Dream your dream to the sky and it will bring you your beloved. 播下一颗种子 ,大地将为你生长出鲜花。向天空许下一个心愿,天空会把你心爱的人带到你面前。

现金
10616 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2003-12-25 
最后登录
2020-7-20 

荣誉之星 大财主勋章 如鱼得水 心灵港湾 幸福四叶草 红旗手

发表于 2005-9-4 11:30

Gibran'm poems

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;

For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say,

"God is in my heart," but rather,

"I'm in the heart of God"

永远面对现实,进取多于防卫。
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-30 23:40 , Processed in 0.014167 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On.