肝胆相照论坛

肝胆相照论坛 论坛 English&English 存档 1 My speaking is very bad, want to know how to improve ...
查看: 579|回复: 0

My speaking is very bad, want to know how to improve it? [复制链接]

现金
966 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-6-8 
最后登录
2007-9-26 
发表于 2005-3-13 13:14

Question: “My speaking is very bad, want to know how to improve it?”

Reply:

There is no shortcut in making a noticeable progress.

Since you voice out, it is time to take actions now. Start read, talk and write! There are plenty of books available in national library, if you are already has got your membership, why not make good use of it? At the very beginning, you may find it hard to read fiction, do not touch them yet. Try those kids' story books (the magic books), magazines with a lot of pictures, easier to catch our interests. That is what I did before. And now, I started reading fictions...

Talk? Most of my friends keep complaining that it is not the right environment to learn English in this city. Yes, I cannot agree with them more. Walk down to town, we can get our stuff done easily in our mother tongue-Chinese, why bother to engage in a bloody conversation in English?! That accent makes some people uncomfortable I know, because I am one of them. Well, people change. Now instead of complaining with friends and worrying about my lousy English, I started talking. Talking to strangers is the best........! haha.. Use English from now and then will gradually work... Do not mind whether it is not a native accent, not proper English, as long as I can talk freely, should not be any problem when going to Europe. As languages are easily shaped by the surroundings...

Write? How to write? If you have the habit of writing something, your mood, emotions, just do it in English... In fact, I ever scored A for my essay, that is the period I kept English diary too. See, there are always good results after the effort is put into.

助人者,天助之,自助者,天助之 Why is it that even those who are trying to DO GOOD Are subjected to PaIn, SIckneSS, TrAgEDy, and DEAth? Gain some INSIGHT into the answers by thinking about Our Own Mistakes The Ability to Choose Acts of Nature
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 16:30 , Processed in 0.012685 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On.