肝胆相照论坛

肝胆相照论坛 论坛 English&English Dear Thelma, my boyfriend told me he had Hepatitis B ...
查看: 869|回复: 0
go

Dear Thelma, my boyfriend told me he had Hepatitis B.. [复制链接]

现金
62111 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2009-10-5 
最后登录
2022-12-28 

才高八斗

发表于 2011-6-12 14:09 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2011/6/12/lifefocus/8870416&sec=lifefocus
No health hazard                                        Dear Thelma...                                                                                       
  I AM deeply in love with A, the most caring and loving, and the best, person I know. Both of us have secure jobs and are financially stable.
A told me he had hepatitis B at birth. I have checked and feel this is not a big issue because as long as I am vaccinated, I won’t get it. He told me people like him can lead normal lives until old age.
My parents have been against our relationship from the very beginning. They are not against A; they’re worried about the the health consequences because of the hepatitis B.
My parents are very health-conscious and they are prepared to disown me if I proceed with the relationship.
Lost
YOUR parents are wrong, although they are threatening you out of love. This is your choice and the best they should do is to lend you and A support and encouragement.
Your parents have imposed a heavy penalty in threatening to disown you if you choose to marry A. They obviously believe that this will save you from a life of pain and eventual grief.
They want to protect you but they have forgotten that love comes with many sacrifices. Sometimes, we can only cherish short-lived joy, but if it is enough, then it is better than giving up a most precious gift out of fear and ignorance.
All of us will die even if we take absolute care of our health. So please tell your parents that you appreciate their care and concern but you love A and want to spend your life with him, regardless.
Hepatitis B is not a death sentence and A is not a criminal who does not deserve love, marriage and happiness.

‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-29 10:14 , Processed in 0.013899 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On.