2022-12-28 

才高八斗

发表于 2011-2-18 06:54 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
本帖最后由 StephenW 于 2011-2-18 06:56 编辑

Your Brain in Love         

Cupid's arrows, laced with neurotransmitters, find their marks

February 14, 2011 |             13         

• Email

Men and women can now thank a dozen brain regions for their romantic fervor. Researchers have revealed the fonts of desire by comparing functional MRI studies of people who indicated they were experiencing passionate love, maternal love or unconditional love. Together, the regions release neuro­transmitters and other chemicals in the brain and blood that prompt greater euphoric sensations such as attraction and pleasure. Conversely, psychiatrists might someday help individuals who become dan­gerously depressed after a heartbreak by adjusting those chemicals.
Passion also heightens several cognitive functions, as the brain regions and chemicals surge. “It’s all about how that network interacts,” says Stephanie Ortigue, an assistant professor ofpsychology at Syracuse University, who led the study. The cognitivefunctions, in turn, “are triggers that fully activate the lovenetwork.” Tell that to your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day.
Graphics by James W. Lewis, West Virginia University (brain), and Jen Christiansen.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=your-brain-in-love-graphsci&WT.mc_id=SA_WR_20110217

现金
10212 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2010-3-13 
最后登录
2014-11-10 

翡翠丝带 游山玩水 有声有色 驴版 心灵港湾 活动之星

发表于 2011-3-7 09:37 |只看该作者
静若水,沉如山,远似梦,渺追月,常,无常······

现金
222032 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2001-11-10 
最后登录
2023-5-7 

元帅勋章 功勋会员 小花 管理员或超版 荣誉之星 勤于助新 龙的传人 大财主勋章 白衣天使 旺旺勋章 心爱宝宝 携手同心 驴版 有声有色 东北版 美食大使 幸福四叶草 翡翠丝带 健康之翼 幸福风车 恭喜发财 人中之龙

发表于 2011-3-7 16:26 |只看该作者
the 2nd step is:

God Made Everything That Has Life. Rest Everything Is Made In China

现金
62111 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2009-10-5 
最后登录
2022-12-28 

才高八斗

发表于 2011-3-7 16:36 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 StephenW 于 2011-3-7 16:36 编辑

回复 liver411 的帖子

You are not wrong. See the following news:
What men think of besides sex: Blank book a hit!Last updated on: March     04, 2011 12:30 IST

Tags: Sheridan Simove, Jess Lloyd, Uttam GhoshA, Oxford University, Britain

[

Opening up to the first page of this latest bestseller is sure to surprise and amuse you! Illustration: Uttam Ghosh

A blank book entitled What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex has become a bestseller after becoming a hit with students in the UK.

Professor Sheridan Simove has produced the 200-page book and the work has sold out online on Amazon following heavy promotion in student unions across Britain.

The 4.69 pound item, which was intended as a novelty gift, is being used by students as a notebook.

"I bought a copy for my mate as a joke and he started using it as a note pad for lectures. Now everyone seems to have one. It's started a real craze on campus," the Telegraph quoted Nottingham university student Jess Lloyd as saying.

Author Sheridan Simove said: "This book is the result of 39 years of painstaking research and practical study into the subject. I left nothing to chance and really threw myself into my work."

"After many years of hard work I finally realised that men think of absolutely nothing apart from sex. It was a shocking conclusion and I realised that the world needed to be informed of my findings."

"I never thought for one moment that my life's work would be embraced by Britain's students in their thousands. It is very gratifying to see my book outselling many other academic works whose authors claim to have worked even harder than I to break new ground and further the extent of human knowledge."

Simove, 39, an Oxford University graduate who is an author, performer and entrepreneur, added: "I never anticipated that my book would be used for students to take their lecture notes in. In a sense they are proving me wrong by filling my book with content. But I wonder how many of them go back to thinking about sex once the lecture is over. I'd be willing to bet that answer is 100 percent. In fact I would go even further and estimate that 99 percent are thinking about sex even during the lecture. They probably think using my book as a notepad will help them get laid. And they are of course totally correct in that hypothesis."

"I now intend to develop my research further and am planning a PhD at the university of life on the subject of what women think about apart from sex. I hope to publish my findings in another decade."

Are you in agreement with Professor Simove's findings that men think of nothing other than sex? Post your opinions and experiences regarding the subject on the message board below!

‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-30 21:33 , Processed in 0.015033 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On.