现金
222032 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2001-11-10 
最后登录
2023-5-7 

元帅勋章 功勋会员 小花 管理员或超版 荣誉之星 勤于助新 龙的传人 大财主勋章 白衣天使 旺旺勋章 心爱宝宝 携手同心 驴版 有声有色 东北版 美食大使 幸福四叶草 翡翠丝带 健康之翼 幸福风车 恭喜发财 人中之龙

发表于 2001-12-5 01:13
Re: Adefovir

I think that the claim that 10mg has not produced kidney damage may be questionable.  I think it may be much reduced, but may in some people still cause problems.

I have talked to a couple of the trial coordinators in the Adefovir trials

and they have both said that even at the 10mg level they have pulled people off of the trial because of elevated renal tests.

Of course this is very dependent on the patient, but it is certainly

something to keep in the back of your mind.  I seriously looked at enrolling in the Adefovir trial, but became very hesitant when I was able to talk to some of the trial coordinators.

Don't get me wrong, I think Adefovir could be a great drug, but I am still concerned with the kidney damage.

Nam

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 10:34 PM

Subject: [HB] Re: Deena-Adefovir

Hi Deena,

The ORIGINAL reason for the creation of Adefovir was as a treatment for HIV. At the dosage recommended for treatment of HIV, yes, there was documented kidney damage, forcing discontinuation of it's use for HIV.  However, the dose for treating HBV is MUCH smaller, 10 mg, and, so far so good, no problems with the kidney.

Hugs,

Sheree

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 9:07 PM

Subject: [HB] Deena

HI Sheree,

Those are my sentiments exactly. Even with the lack of information and

knowledge I have about HBV, it didnt make much sense when my doctor said to take the medication because its there. I also was second guessing what he said about my viral load, that it was neither high nor low.... in my mind I thought, which is it?

I did read a little about Adefovir. Does that drug cause problems to the

kidney?

The scariest part is waiting. I'm not sure what I'm waiting for.... for new treatment, for higher ALT, for lower ALT?, its like I'm waiting to get worse which I dont want to. How long am I suppose to wait til I decide what I want to do. I want to do more good than harm to my body and liver right now.

Deena

God Made Everything That Has Life. Rest Everything Is Made In China
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 09:33 , Processed in 0.015163 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On.