15/10/02说明:此前论坛服务器频繁出错,现已更换服务器。今后论坛继续数据库备份,不备份上传附件。

肝胆相照论坛

肝胆相照论坛 论坛 学术讨论& HBV English 存档 1 FDA calls Gileads Viread sales tactics misleading
查看: 505|回复: 3

FDA calls Gileads Viread sales tactics misleading [复制链接]

现金
2481 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2002-3-30 
最后登录
2012-7-8 
发表于 2002-3-31 06:41
Tuesday March 26, 3:26 pm Eastern Time

Reuters

FDA calls Gilead's Viread sales tactics misleading

By Deena Beasley

LOS ANGELES, March 26 (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has ordered Gilead Sciences Inc. <GILD.O> to stop making exaggerated claims about its AIDS drug Viread, including pitching it as a ``miracle drug.''

ADVERTISEMENT

In a recently released letter, the FDA said the biotechnology company violated federal law at a December medical meeting when sales representatives made false and misleading statements to FDA reviewers, including suggesting that a warning on Viread's label about the risks of liver enlargement was not valid.

A spokeswoman for Foster City, California-based Gilead said on Tuesday the company takes the FDA's comments very seriously and is working to identify the individuals that may have been involved. ``We have strict policies and training procedures about this sort of thing,'' said spokeswoman Amy Flood.

Viread, a once-daily tablet, was approved by the FDA in October for use in combination with other drugs to treat patients infected with HIV. It is the first drug in a class known as nucleotides approved for fighting the virus. Nucleotides are chemically similar to nucleosides, the best-selling antiretroviral drugs. Both types work by blocking reverse transcriptase, an enzyme involved in the replication of HIV.

At the Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy held in Chicago, Gilead representatives made statements that ``overstate the efficacy of Viread and fail to communicate material facts with respect to the limitations of the indication,'' the FDA said in its warning letter.

The agency told Gilead to stop making the statements, stop distributing any promotional literature that contains such statements, and respond to the letter in writing.

Flood said the company has already sent a response to the agency and its promotional literature has never contained the statements detailed in the FDA letter.

Shares of Gilead, which specializes in developing drugs for infectious diseases, were up 27 cents at $36.48 late Tuesday on Nasdaq.

The company recently submitted applications to the FDA and European regulators for its experimental drug adefovir as a treatment for hepatitis B. The FDA in 1999 rejected an application for adefovir as an AIDS treatment, citing concerns about kidney toxicity.

现金
834 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2001-10-6 
最后登录
2023-11-6 

荣誉之星

发表于 2002-4-2 00:11

Re:FDA

thank you

aloha

english board need your participation

现金
597 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2002-2-5 
最后登录
2013-6-4 

荣誉之星

发表于 2002-4-2 04:49

Re:FDA

Hehe...aloha...it means hello and good-bye in hawaiian! Did ya peepz know that there are only 12 letterz in the hawaiian alphabet? I forgot what they're tho..I kno the vouls are tho (a, e, i, o, u) and some other letterz...I think n, l, k, and m are also... Anyhooz,there is a hawaiian singer, Hoku (it means STAR)..I posted one of her songs on HAPPY ENGLISH b4..it was that song, "How do I feel.." U know.. "How do I feel ever since I walked away from u. I miss u for real. Everyday of my life." Anyhooz, gotta fly! Peace and Love ~*Butterfly~ Sometimes I dream about being carried away by squirrels, does that make me a nut?

现金
834 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2001-10-6 
最后登录
2023-11-6 

荣誉之星

发表于 2002-4-2 09:47

Re:Re:FDA

引用:
原文由 Butterfly 发表: Hehe...aloha...it means hello and good-bye in hawaiian! Did ya peepz know that there are only 12 letterz in the hawaiian alphabet? I forgot what they're tho..I kno the vouls are tho (a, e, i, o, u) an......
hehe,interesting Thank you Butterfly.
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-9 12:25 , Processed in 0.014143 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On.