肝胆相照论坛

肝胆相照论坛 论坛 English&English 存档 1 why some antique posts reappear?
楼主: beat_it

why some antique posts reappear? [复制链接]

现金
6283 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2002-8-19 
最后登录
2010-12-16 

荣誉之星

发表于 2005-8-5 12:03

Thank you for your guys recommendations.

The Bird's explanation is satisfactory and showed a vivid scene to me.

Eatting fried brain? Did it happen in reality?

I am an unusual girl, but I am not a horrible girl.

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-8-4 23:50:24编辑过]

Welcome to English Forum, anything in English

现金
1410 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-6-20 
最后登录
2010-10-30 
发表于 2005-8-5 22:43

Of course, the Cannibalism (still people believe it and practice it) is to consume of human flesh.

There are so many, many bad things in the world, but for some weird visceral reason, cannibalism is considered just about the worst. Depending on your point of view, it rises above even such criminal abominations as pedophilia, rape and genocide, but in the final analysis, it's what's for dinner.

I suffer from chronic apathy, I was going to go see a docter about it, but I didn\'t really care.

现金
1410 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-6-20 
最后登录
2010-10-30 
发表于 2005-8-5 22:47

Then again, we live in a culture in which people would run vomiting to the bathroom if they saw what went into making their McDonald's hamburgers, in which a cow is brutally killed with blunt-force trauma, its innards are outward, and then the whole thing is ground up into a mealy paste, intestines, feces, bones and all.

With McDonald's, you can mentally blank out the process in favor of focusing on the tasty fat-and-gristle laden product. With cannibalism, there is a nearly unavoidable tendency to linger on the details of the process -- removing the limbs, peeling the skin, roasting it over an open flame, etc., etc. And do we really taste like chicken?

Cannibalism is, of course, the eating of one's own species. It should be distinguished from vampirism, which is the drinking of human blood. If you cut a fellow human up into little pieces and puree him or her in a blender that would technically be cannibalism and not vampirism.

There are two kinds of cannibalism -- sociological and pathological. The former means living and eating in a culture where cannibalism is accepted, and the latter means practicing cannibalism within a culture where it's not accepted. To those, we can dig up so many articles and papers about it.

In the ordinary societies, now days we seldom see people eat people’s flesh except in some remote area like Africa or South America. However, from time to time, we do see sick-minded people who normally are sexual predators or psychopath murderers. For example, Jeffrey Dahmer the Milwaukee Murderer who kept souvenirs from most of his 17 victims, including three human heads in his refrigerator. Dahmer was a runaway train to madness, a cannibal serial killer, who killed his male lovers to prevent them from rejecting him…besides eating those people’s flesh; Dahmer had sex with those corpses too. For more on this story, please go to http://www.crimelibrary.com/dahmer/dahmermain.htm to read the 7 chapters tale.

Outside the Western world, Chinese performance artist Zhu Yu made a name for himself by eating a dead baby on film. It's not clear what the artistic merit of this act was supposed to be, but we're sure there must be some. The photo shown here prompted a massive furor about the Internet and art, as well as inspiring a purported "investigation" by the FBI and Scotland Yard, which included baseless threats by the latter agency to shut down Rotten Dot Com. It's not at all clear whether Zhu Yu actually ate a baby for the sake of art, or just simulated eating a baby for the sake of art, or actually ate a baby for the sake of his sick fetish thrills while claiming it was for the sake of art.

The name of Ed Gein might be less well known than Dahmer or Amin, but his work has taken on mythological proportions. Gein was the rural hick cannibal who inspired everything from Psycho (1960, 1998) to The Silence of the Lambs (1991), to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974, 2003), in addition to their countless sequels, prequels, spinoffs, and video game tie-ins.

So you asked if it happens in our reality, the answer is YES. It did happened.

I suffer from chronic apathy, I was going to go see a docter about it, but I didn\'t really care.

现金
6283 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2002-8-19 
最后登录
2010-12-16 

荣誉之星

发表于 2005-8-7 07:49

Why did you know so much about that??

You seemed experienced a lot, right?

Welcome to English Forum, anything in English

现金
636 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2005-7-13 
最后登录
2009-7-10 
发表于 2005-8-8 03:34

Oh, because he is nosy. Nosy people seems to know everything…)))

[em04]
If a duck only has 1 leg, does he swim in circles?
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-6 18:12 , Processed in 0.014014 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On.