帖子
注册时间
2004-6-20 
最后登录
2010-10-30 
发表于 2005-7-26 23:52
以下是引用流浪花猫在2005-7-25 16:47:14的发言:

MY god! Biological teacher!

I 'll call you Dr.owl.hehe...You have found out about the physiological phenomenon of the cat very much .

Does not the owl see the things clearly in the daytime ?But ,the cat different with the owl?

Could you tell me whether an owl has neck?

[em04]

Owl can see clearly in daylight:

An owl has excellent hearing and night vision. It can also see in daylight, but may be color-blind and are probably far-sighted. An owl's sensitive hearing helps it detect and home in on squeaks, rustles and other sounds made by potential prey. The owl has a third advantage--its feathers are soft and fringed, which makes it nearly silent in flight.

An owl cannot move its eyes in the same way humans can. When an owl wants to look at something outside its field of vision, it must turn its head to do so. Fortunately, an owl's neck is very flexible because it has twice as many vertebrae as a human neck does. This enables the owl to quickly rotate its head a little more than 180 degrees. ---I'd love to be able to do that while driving in traffic!

How about cats? Tell me somehting about cat's neck and its eyes...

I suffer from chronic apathy, I was going to go see a docter about it, but I didn\'t really care.

现金
668 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2005-7-25 
最后登录
2006-3-5 
发表于 2005-7-31 12:59

Owl can see clearly in daylight! oh!

Dr.owl, I don't know more things about the neck of the cat .But i know something about the cat's eyes. The cat's eyes is very sharp .It can distinguish objects clearly at the night ,so the cat can look for food, mating,etc. at the night . [em03]

Pupil sphincter and dilator of contractibility is very strong .The regulation expanded and narrowing is large, fast of the pupil. So It can follow the light power in the external environment , Regulate the size of pupil rapidly ,In order to obtain the best visual effect to the good focus.When the light is weak ,The pupil is expanded into a round, Limited light enter the eyes inside totally, Through having looking at the pole cell of sootopic vision and shimmer vision on the retina .Distinguishing dimly when the darkness.

The vision of the cat is very wide, The simple eye vision is 100 degrees, eyes visions are more than 200 degrees, It is much bigger than 100 degrees of vision of people's. The resolution capability to the color of cat is much worse than people, So the people say that the cat is nearly achromatopsia . [em03]

All these are writ on book, I'm a cat that can understand the human language .hahaha....[em02][em02][em02]

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-7-31 0:50:41编辑过]

原来生命,真的是一场闹哄

现金
1410 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-6-20 
最后登录
2010-10-30 
发表于 2005-7-31 18:33

Very interesting.

Have you ever watched the Broadway musical show "Cats, a good show "?

Actually, there are many things about cat’s eyes.

Today, on highways and public roads, the road reflectors keep the drivers within their own lanes at night by placing a device called “Cat’s eye”, which can reflect the headlight to spot the lanes. "Cat's Eyes Road Reflectors were invented by a man whose headlights caught some real cat's eyes in their beams. If the cat had been walking the other way, he would have invented the pencil sharpener."

Also, there is a famous Gemstone named “cat eyes”.

Cats have an inner, third eyelid so cats have three eyelids.

Like many other physical characteristics of the cat, cat’s eye is very moody. His eyes reflect his moods. Pupil size changes are the clue: an angry cat will have narrowed pupils, while an excited or frightened cat will have eyes wide open, with large pupils. Mellow, happy cat’s eyes will sometimes appear a shade darker than normal. I can't explain this one; it's just an observation.

What is your eye pupils’ shape today, or what is your mood today?

I suffer from chronic apathy, I was going to go see a docter about it, but I didn\'t really care.

现金
1410 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-6-20 
最后登录
2010-10-30 
发表于 2005-7-31 18:36

Other Bits of Cats Eye Trivia

• Cats cannot see directly beneath their noses. You can test this by offering your kitty a treat, such as Pounce. He can smell it, but if you drop it directly beneath his nose, he'll have to root around a bit before finding it.
  • Rumors aside, cats are not colorblind. Their ability to see color is not as enhanced as ours, but they can see some colors.
  • If normal human vision is 20/20, then that of the cat is 20/100. He has keen vision for objects far away, but things up close may appear fuzzy or blurred. Perhaps this is why cats do the sniff test when greeting friends.
  • Most white blue-eyed cats are deaf. A white cat with odd-eyes (one blue and one green or gold) will most often be deaf on the side with the blue eye.
  • Cats "Kiss" with their Eyes. Have you ever noticed your cat gazing at you for a long moment and then slowly blinking his eyes? That's the kitty equivalent of a kiss, and you should feel very flattered. Of course, a nip on the nose is also their way of giving a kiss. If you want to show your cat you love him, give him a kitty kiss right back. No, not on the nose. Just give him that long stare and slow blink and see what happens.
[em03]

现金
668 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2005-7-25 
最后登录
2006-3-5 
发表于 2005-7-31 21:23

Cats, a good show ?No, I haven't watched.

Today my mood is very glad ,Because it is raining .How about you?

Looking at my eyes

[upload=jpg]uploadimages/20057/200573182242499.jpg[/upload]
原来生命,真的是一场闹哄

现金
1410 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-6-20 
最后登录
2010-10-30 
发表于 2005-7-31 21:55

Yeah, from now on, we can forecast your mood by focusing on your pupils.

‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-7-6 17:31 , Processed in 0.016325 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On.