3586 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2003-12-28 
最后登录
2011-3-1 
发表于 2004-9-10 23:50
Pride and prejudice(实用英语简抄) 最近在读的原著,故事似乎对我的吸引力不大!倒是书中很多句子觉得很实用。放在这里和大家交流,分享! 1.It is a truth universally acknowledged! (书的开场第一句,这已经是一条举世公认的真理了) 2.You want to tell me,I and I have no objection to hearing it. (既是你一定要说给我听,那我听听也无妨。觉得这句话根据不同场合改装一下相当实用) 3.This was invitation enough. (这是针对上句话来说的,这句话足够鼓励他讲下去了) 4.When a woman has five grown up girls,she ought to give up thinking of her own beauty! (可改装成-When a student has failed all his subjects,he ought to give up thinking of his own intelligence!够伤人的。。。(原文是说一个女人家如果已经有了5个成年的女儿就不应该在对自己的美貌报什么幻想了) 5.It is more than I engage for,I assure you. (老实跟你说吧,这可不是我的份内事) 6.But consider you daughters,only think what a establishment it would be for one of them. (想想你的女儿吧,能攀上这样一户人家对她们该多好) 7.She is determined to go,merely on that account. (他那么想去,无非是那个用意) 8.You are over-scrupulous. (你实在过分心思了,想太多) 10.I'll throw in a good word for you. (我会替你美言几句) 11.You are always giving him the preference. (你老实偏爱他) 12.They are all silly and ignorant like other girls. (她们和其它女孩一样愚蠢无知) 13.You take delight in vixing me. (你是故意叫我恼气) 14.I'v heared you mention them with conderation these twenty years at least. (至少在最近20年来,我一直听到你镇重其事的提起他们) 15.She is so odd mixture of quick parts,sarcastic,humour,reserve,and caprice. (她真是个古怪的人,一方面喜欢插科打浑,挖苦人,同时又不抅言笑,变幻莫测) 16.When she was discontented,she fancied herself nervous. (只要遇到不顺心的事,她就以为自己神经衰弱)
[B]Living happily is a day, living sadly is a day too. Why not smile every day? The coming of love, the coming of light.[/B]

现金
3586 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2003-12-28 
最后登录
2011-3-1 
发表于 2004-9-10 23:51
1.She is a selffish,hypocritical woman,and I have no opinion of her.
(她是个自私自利,假仁假义的女人。我瞧不起她)
2.I honour your circumspection.
(我真佩服你想得如此周到)
3.If you decline the office,I'll take it on myself.
(如果你不愿意去办的话我就自己干了)
4.It is very unlucky,but as we have actually paid a visit,we cannot escape the acquaintance now.
(真不走运,但是既然我们已经拜访了他,我们就少不了要交这个朋友。)
5.I'm sure you loved your girls too well to neglect sucha a cquaintance.
(一个很好改装的句子,I'm sure you loved her too well to neglect such a flaw.原文是说你既然疼爱你的女儿,就不会把这样一个朋友放在心上)
6.He left the room,fatigued with the capture of his wife.
(他走出了房间,实在厌倦了了他妻子那幅兴喜若狂的样子)
7.I do not know how you will ever make him amends for his kindness.
(我真不知道你们该怎样报答他)
8.They attacked him in various ways,with barefaced question,ingenious suppositions,and distant surmise,but he eldued the skill of them all.
(他们想尽了办法对付他,赤裸裸的问题,巧妙地设想,离题很远的猜测,但他并没有上圈套)
9.He was obliged to be in town the following day,and consequently unable to accept the honour of your invitation.
(事不凑巧,他明天必须进城,你的这番盛意他恐怕无法领了)
10.He was good looking and gentlemanlike ,he has a pleasant countenance,and easy unaffected manners.
(他仪表堂堂,大有绅士风度,而且和颜悦色没有拘泥的作气。)
11.What a contrast between him and his friend.
(他和他朋友间是多么鲜明的对比啊)
12.Such amiable qualities must speak for themselves.
(他这些可爱的地方当然会引起别人注意)
[B]Living happily is a day, living sadly is a day too. Why not smile every day? The coming of love, the coming of light.[/B]

现金
3586 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2003-12-28 
最后登录
2011-3-1 
发表于 2004-9-10 23:51
1.Among the most violent against him was Mrs.Bennet,whose dislike of his general behaviour was sharped into particular resentment by his having slighted on of hers daughters.
(一个长句子,其中对他发感最厉害的是Mrs.Bennet,她对他的整个行为举止都讨厌。而且这种讨厌升华成一种特殊的憎恶,因为他得罪了她的一个女儿。)
2.I would not be so fastidious as you are.
(我可不像你那样挑肥捡瘦)
3.She is tolerable,but not handsome enough to tempt me.
(她还不错,但飘亮到可以打动我的心)
4.The manner in which they spoke of Meryton assembly was sufficiently characteristic.
(从他们谈论Meryton 舞会的态度就足以看出两人性格的不同)
5.He had soon acquainted with all the room.
(他一下子就和整个屋的人都混熟了)
6.Vanity and pride are very different things,though the words are often used synonymously
(虚荣和骄傲使两个不同的事情,尽管经常在子面上被看成等同的)
7.If I can perceive her regard for him,he must be a simpleton indeed not to discover it too.
(如果我都能察觉到她对他有好感,他还没发现就只能是傻子了)
8.You are a very strange creature by way of a friend.
(就朋友意义来说你真是太奇怪的朋友了)
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-1 05:37 , Processed in 0.013911 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On.