4176 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-7-2 
最后登录
2012-6-16 
发表于 2004-8-8 21:49
"新东方教育在线" >Reply-To: "新东方教育在线" >To: >Subject: 千方百计学英语之过大年学英语 >Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:56:31 +0800 > >千方百计学英语之过大年学英语 > > > > > 开始新一年的学习计划现在登陆网络课堂 > > T he oldest and most important festival in China is the Spring Festival, more commonly known in the West as Chinese New Year. Like all Chinese festivals, the date of the New Year is determined by the lunar calendar rather than the Western calendar, so the date of the holiday varies from late January to mid February. > > 中国最古老、最重要的节日是春节,在西方更广为流传的称法为中国新年。和所有的中国节日一样,春节的日期是由农历来决定而不是由阳历而定的,所以新年的日期在 1 月下旬到 2 月中旬间并不固定。 > > ☆ lunar calendar :农历 lunar :月亮的,月的 > > > > 在猴年体会多变地英文学习方法!登陆短信课堂订英文短信,随时随地学英语 > > Preparations for the New Year festival start during the last few days of the last moon. Houses are thoroughly cleaned, debts repaid, hair cut and new clothes bought. In many homes incense is burned, and also in the temples as a mark of respect to ancestors. > > 在腊月的最后几天人们开始为春节做准备。人们彻底打扫房屋,还清债务,减头发并且去买新衣服。为了表示对祖先的尊重,不管是在家还是在寺庙里,人们都会烧香。 > > > > 送给自己实用的新春礼物 上E博网上书店,选本好的英文读物 > > On New Year's Eve houses are brightly lit and a large family dinner is served. In the south of China sticky-sweet glutinous rice pudding called “nian gao” is served, while in the north the steamed dumpling jiaozi is popular. Most celebrating the festival stay up till midnight, when fireworks are lit, to drive away evil spirits. > > 到了除夕晚上,人们在灯火通明的屋子里共享家宴。在中国的南部,人们吃用粘米做成的,又粘又甜的“布丁”——中国人称为“年糕”,而中国北方,习惯吃蒸饺——“饺子”。大多数人庆祝节日时都要坚持到午夜燃放烟火“趋走妖怪”后才睡觉。 > > ☆ dumpling:面团布丁、团子,中文中的饺子一般也翻译成dumpling > > > > 寻找志同道合的朋友交流英语学习的方法登录新东方论坛 > > The public holiday for New Year lasts 3 days in China, but the festival traditionally lasts till the 15th day of the lunar month and ends with the ‘Lantern Festival'. Here, houses are decorated with colorful lanterns, and yuanxiao, a sweet or savoury fried or boiled dumpling made of glutinous rice flour is eaten. > > 中国春节的公众假期是 3 天,但是这个节日传统上会持续到正月十五,以“灯节”作为结束。到了灯节,人们用彩色灯笼装饰房间,并且吃一种甜美可口的用粘米粉制成的炸或者是煮的面团——“元宵”。 > > > > > 想与好朋友分享英语杂志?现在就登陆TOL24首页,帮他也定一份吧! > > The 23rd day of the last month of our lunar calendar is the day to send off the Kitchen God. The Kitchen God spends the whole year with the family, seeing and hearing everything. Once a year, he ascends to heaven to make his annual report to the highest spiritual being, the Jade Emperor. At this time, commonly called the "Little New Year", the family gives him a farewell dinner with offerings of sweet cakes and preserved fruits. This is so he will say only sweet things, or, according to some, because it makes his mouth so sticky he will not be able to utter a single word. > > 农历腊月的二十三号是送灶神的日子,灶王爷全年都在家里,听到看到了所有的事。每年有一次,他要升上天去向最高的神-玉皇大帝去汇报这一年的情况。这个时候,一般称为“小年”,家家户户都要用甜饼和蜜饯给他当作告别大餐。这样,他就会只汇报好的方面,还有另一种说法是,由于这些甜饼和蜜饯把他的嘴弄得太粘了以至于说不出一个字来。 > > ☆ Kitchen God :厨房的神,就是中国的“灶神”了 > ☆ the Jade Emperor :中文翻译为玉皇大帝 > > > > 出国留学不求人 在线留学咨询为您量身提供一站式解决方案 > > In ancient China, people named the fifteenth day of the first lunar month as Upper-Yuan Festival. Chinese Lantern Festival is right on this day. That is the first full-moon night of a new year. On this day, people like to have Yuanxiao and enjoy colorful lanterns. Yuanxiao is a kind of sticky round dumplings. People use a kind of rice flour to make the wraps and fill in sweet or meat stuffing. Yuanxiao can be boiled as well as fried. It is a symbol of reunion. > > 中国古时候,人们把农历正月十五命名为上元节 , 中国的灯节也就在这一天,这是新年中的第一个月圆之夜,在这一天里,人们喜欢吃元宵赏灯。元宵是一种粘粘的圆的面团。用米粉做成皮后装入甜的或者肉制的馅料。元宵可以煮也可以炸着吃。象征着团圆。 > > > > > > > 春节过程la month -- the last month of the Chinese lunar calendar > > 8th day Make Laba gruel 腊月八 做腊八 > 24th day Clean the house 二十四 扫房子 > 25th day Make tofu 二十五 磨豆腐 > 27th day Stew meat 二十六 去炖肉 > 26th day Cook chicken 二十七 杀只鸡 > 28th day Get the dough risen 二十八 把面发 > 29th day Buy something to drink 二十九 去打酒 > 30th day Stay up the whole night 三十晚上 熬一宿 > > > 放寒假、过大年、闹元宵,千万别忘了学英语,趁着寒假让自己的英语水平突飞猛进,快来网络课堂体会新鲜劲爆的娱乐式英语教学吧! > > > 最COOL最IN 的学习方式是什么? 网络娱乐式英语教学 ! > 最新推出的高考英语课程让你体会到学习的乐趣,轻轻松松的学习、扎扎实实的提高水平、游刃有余的攻克考试! > > > > 无论是马上就要参加高考的高三同学,还是未雨绸缪的高一、二年级同学,赶快加入我们的网络课堂大家庭,因为我们的高考英语课程,是专门为你们度身定造的精品课程。 > 欢迎来听我们的高考英语课程。老师针对听力、语法、写作、阅读的系统讲解,会让你的英语水平稳步提高,同时在课间 Lesley 和爱琳会和你分享更多丰富的英文知识。 > > > 在课上,高考英语的主讲老师们会给你深入浅出的讲解知识点,分析重点、难点,介绍考试技巧和学习方法。 > 在课间,爱琳和 Lesley 将和你一起休息娱乐,看看她们都有哪些糗事?放松的同时,还能不知不觉获得很多知识。 > > > > > > > a.. 想要知道什么方面的英文知识?爱阅读什么样的英文读物? > b.. 有什么学习英语的小窍门想要和大家一起分享?Eileen期待你的参与。 > 发信给Eileen>> > c.. 学英语有些大头的 Eileen 和英语口语十分地道的 Lesley 在此课程中还有上佳表现,还不快来看看? > >
我家宝宝早产,29周,2.8斤,现在20斤了,阻断成功

现金
4176 元 
精华
帖子
注册时间
2004-7-2 
最后登录
2012-6-16 
发表于 2004-8-8 21:52
李白诗9种英译版本的欣赏

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

静夜思

李白

床前明月光,疑是地上霜。

举头望明月,低头思故乡。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1).In the Still of the Night

I descry bright moonlight in front of my bed.

I suspect it to be hoary frost on the floor.

I watch the bright moon, as I tilt back my head.

I yearn, while stooping, for my homeland more.

(徐忠杰)

2).A Tranquil Night

Abed, I see a silver light,

I wonder if it's frost aground.

Looking up, I find the moon bright;

Bowing, in homesickness I'm drowned.

(许渊冲译)

3).In the Quiet Night

So bright a gleam on the foot of my bed---

Could there have been a frost already?

Lifting my head to look, I found that it was moonlight.

Sinking back again, I thought suddenly of home.

(Tr. Witter Bynner)

4). Night Thoughts

I wake, and moonbeams play around my bed,

Glittering like hoar-frost to my wandering eyes;

Up towards the glorious moon I raise my head,

Then lay me down---and thoughts of home arise.

( Tr. Herbert A. Giles)

5). On a Quiet Night

I saw the moonlight before my couch,

And wondered if it were not the frost on the ground.

I raised my head and looked out on the mountain noon,

I bowed my head and though of my far-off home.

(TR. S. Obata)

6). The Moon Shines Everywhere

Seeing the moon before my couch so bright

I thought hoar frost had fallen from the night.

On her clear face I gaze with lifted eyes:

Then hide them full of Youth's sweet memories.

(Tr. W.J.B. Fletcher)

7). Night Thoughts

In front of my bed the moonlight is very bright.

I wonder if that can be frost on the floor?

I list up my head and look at the full noon, the dazzling moon.

I drop my head, and think of the home of old days.

(Tr. Amy Lowell)

8). Thoughts in a Tranquil Night

Athwart the bed

I watch the moonbeams cast a trail

So bright, so cold, so frail,

That for a space it gleams

Like hoar-frost on the margin of my dreams.

I raise my head, -

The splendid moon I see:

Then droop my head,

And sink to dreams of thee -

My father land , of thee!

(Tr. L. Cranmer-Byng)

9). Nostalgia

A splash of white on my bedroom floor. Hoarfrost?

I raise my eyes to the moon, the same noon.

As scenes long past come to mind, my eyes fall again on the splash of white,
and my heart aches for home.

我家宝宝早产,29周,2.8斤,现在20斤了,阻断成功
‹ 上一主题|下一主题

肝胆相照论坛

GMT+8, 2024-10-1 03:23 , Processed in 0.015437 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On.