肝胆相照论坛

标题: Ailing hep B dissident [打印本页]

作者: StephenW    时间: 2011-1-20 19:37     标题: Ailing hep B dissident

Ailing hep B dissident                        Added: 19 January 2011
                                                                                                The wife of prominent Chinese dissident Hu Jia appealed Monday for his parole from prison on medical grounds, saying he had collapsed during a recent prison visit. Zeng urged the authorities to grant him parole for treatment, including possible surgery, and to give her copies of Hu's medical reports, according to the letter posted on her blog. Zeng said she had launched an earlier appeal in April, saying Hu's long-term cirrhosis of the liver had worsened and required urgent treatment outside prison. China sentenced Hu, 37, to three and a half years in prison in March 2008 for 'inciting subversion of state power'. Many supporters and human rights groups have backed Zeng's campaign for Hu's medical parole, which began in June 2008.
作者: hbv30year    时间: 2011-1-31 22:51

Oh, he has Hepatitis too! At first I though he is the HIV activist. I don't understand, does it worth doing that? Fighting against the country's super power, he destined to lose the war from the very begining. I don't think he should do that. Look at this post, look at the whole society, nobody care about human rights now, everyone is a gold digger. They don't deserve his sacrifice
作者: StephenW    时间: 2011-1-31 23:07

回复 hbv30year 的帖子

Thanks to people like him, we live in a better world. No one wants to be a sacrificial hero, letting family to suffer, and take on the hardest enemy.  I am reminded of "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is only thing that ever has." by Margaret Mead.

I understand your ZF is restricting comments on events in Egypt, so be careful.

作者: hbv30year    时间: 2011-2-1 14:15

回复 StephenW 的帖子

hello, stephen,  thanks for your concern. right now, chinese government is not my enemy, so I don't worry too much in my words. Honestly, I don't support people like him to fight for freedom in this way. China is very hard to change, unless 90% of the population want to change, so the individual's sacrifice is futile to the democracy of the country. I sympathize him and his wife, but not sure I like him or not.

作者: StephenW    时间: 2011-2-1 14:52

回复 hbv30year 的帖子

I have to disagree. Most  dissidents, including Liu and Hu, want to see changes within the existing law , constitution and government structure. But some elements within the party always overreact. This is a reflection of their lack of confidence. Nobody wants to overturn the existing system, but everyone can see the need for improvement. If you look back over the last 30 years, you can appreciate the enormous changes in China, especially improvements in the living standards of ordinary Chinese. Who would have thought that would be possible? I always thought the dissidents are the most patriotic Chinese. No, China will change, and it will change peacefully - only if the old guards would relax and have trust in their own people.

欢迎光临 肝胆相照论坛 (http://hbvhbv.info/forum/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5